Voting has now closed.
Your 2021 By-Election Winners:
Plain text versions can be found on the second page of the pdf.
Tara Copeland & Callum Robertson - PT & Manifesto
Janey Little - PT & Manifesto
Peter Banks - PT & Manifesto
Arthur Wu - PT & Manifesto
To see the full vote breakdown, click here.
Roles and responsibilities of posts
- Organise and chair executive meetings.
- Ensure the Young Liberals works towards its Objectives as set out in the Constitution;
- Take the initiative to ensure the Executive’s objectives are achieved, including supporting other executive members;
- Liaise with LDHQ to ensure that staff funded by Young Liberals are line managed in accordance with the requirements of the Organisation; and
- Be the principal public and internal party representative of Young Liberals.
- Attend meetings of the Federal Policy Committee as the representative of the Young Liberals;
- Coordinate and support the Policy Committee in carrying out its duties specified in the Constitution, including submitting policy motions to Liberal Democrat conferences;
- Maintain the Policy Book, a central record of policies adopted by the Young Liberals according to provisions in the Constitution;
- Answer Executive or members’ queries relating to Young Liberals policy, for example ensuring that Young Liberals campaigns are accordance with policy;
- Support members with submitting policy motions to Young Liberals for Liberal Democrat conference(s), including help with drafting and advice on content; and
- Plan and deliver training sessions to support our members to develop and make policy
- Manage relations with the Young Liberals’ international affiliates and the youth wings of liberal political parties across the world;
- Manage relations with groups within the Liberal Democrats with an international agenda;
- Advise the Executive or members on international issues where relevant;
- Coordinate international trips for members, including to events run by international affiliates; and
- Coordinate and support the International Congress Delegates Committee in carrying out its duties.
- Work with the Accessibility, Diversity and Standards Officer to create a Young Liberals Strategic Response to the Alderdice Review, and implement this across Young Liberals.
- Attend all Young Liberals meetings and speak on matters relating to their role such as the implementation of the Alderdice strategy, and the plans and actions of other members of the Executive when it concerns or could affect Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals and communities.
- Liaise with relevant SAOs and AOs, especially LDCRE, to ensure Young Liberals is promoting an experience which is positive and inclusive for BAME members of Young Liberals.
Any queries, please email [email protected]