Q: Is there a deadline to apply for?
A: No - applications are open all year round, but the sooner you apply the better!
Q: How do you decide which bids to grant?
A: Any bids will be reviewed by YL exec members Finn Conway, Nate Isaacson, and Callum James Littlemore. Then, in consultation with the co-chairs, Thomas Gravatt and Hannah Ashworth, we'll decide which bids to grant.
Bids that achieve the following will be given priority:
- Membership recruitment - e.g a campaign that will draw in other students and young people to the Liberal Democrats.
- Membership retention - e.g a social or a talk from a guest speaker that will keep members involved.
- Membership development - e.g a training event that will help members increase their confidence in public speaking, their ability to create graphics, or any other skill they might want to have.
Q: Is there anything you won't fund?
A: Yes - frivolous trips to Brussels, while encouraged, will not be funded by the BDF.
Q: Can I apply if I'm not a member of a Young Liberals Branch?
A: Yes, absolutely! If you are:
- A local party hoping to kickstart a Young Liberals presence in your area.
- A group of young people hoping to start a Young Liberals branch together.
- A party member or a party body hoping to organise a one-off event or project for young people or students.
Q: What if you don't like my bid?
A: If there are any issues, we'll always get in touch rather than just ignore you - if you have any questions about refining your plan, feel free to email the Finance Officer at email@example.com
Q: How soon can we get the money?
A: Before we give out any money, we need to see receipts, an update on the event, and bank details for your society account/an individual so we can make the payment. We don't have to see original receipts; emailed copies will do just fine. We'll get this payment to you as soon as possible once we have all this information.
Q: I still have questions!
A: Feel free to get in touch with the Finance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are still any questions unanswered by this comprehensive FAQ!