Summer may just be getting started but here at Liberal Youth we're already getting exited for the Liberal Democrat Autumn conference and the great news is that registration is now open, hurray!
Autumn Conference 2015 is going to be held in beautiful Bournemouth and will open at 10.00 on Saturday 19 September and close with the Leader's Speech at approximately 14.00 on Wednesday 23 September. You can find out all the information you need about it here.
So why should you come we hear you ask?
- Well, throughout the conference there will be exiting debates, excellent training sessions and even better social events. There is never a dull moment with so much to do!
- Conference is a great time to have your voice heard - no proposal can become Lib Dem policy until Conference has voted for it. Our members can even put forward their own proposals, which carry the same weight as any other ideas from senior Lib Dems and MPs. If this sounds like it's up your street then simply click here for more info.
- It's a great way to meet young liberal minded people - as our wonderful chair Alex Harding says "conference is a a good opportunity to get chatting to young liberals from across the country, I've made some great friends from conference".
- Bournemouth is a beautiful city and well worth the visit. Rumour has it that it's one of the sunniest places in the UK, enjoying a whopping 7.7 hours of sunshine a day.
- Liberal Youth will be out in force and are already planning some great fringe events and exciting socials. So come along to meet us all and get involved.
So...how much is all this going to cost you?
Fun things usually cost money, and Lib Dem conference is no exception, but the great news is that it won't break the bank. If you are a student it will cost you £21 if you register before 19th June. If you register after that, but before July 31st it will cost you £30, and if you register after July 31st it will cost you £39. So, the earlier you register the better!
This year the conference team have introduced a special under 18's price, which means that if you're lucky enough to be under the age of 18 then you can come for the bargain basement price of £5!
You can find more detailed information on conference prices here.
As for accommodation - there are loads of cool hostels in Bournemouth for relativity cheap prices - check them out here. Travel is also pretty doable on a budget - and the federal party has some good information on how exactly you can get yourself to Bournemouth.
If you have any questions our full time member of staff Olivia is on hand to help you - just drop her an email - and she'll get back to you as quickly as possible.