Future Councillors is a new scheme by the Young Liberals. Working with ALDC, we're providing year-round support for young people who want to become councillors.
There are 15 places available in the first cohort, which will be for those aiming to get elected in May 2022.
The new scheme offers a whole load of support, including:
- A fully funded place at ALDC's Kickstart weekend
- A Summer Survey for your ward
- Five days of specialised training and support
- An experienced personal mentor
We're particularly looking to support candidates who might not have a lot of campaign infrastructure or financial support from their local party. So don't worry - even if there's never been a Liberal Democrat councillor in your area, we'd love to help you!
We'd love to hear from applicants from any and all backgrounds and levels of experience. The only essential criteria are:
- You must be under the age of 30
- You must be a Liberal Democrat member
- You must be free 2nd-4th July 2021 for Kickstart
- You must want to be elected as a councillor in May 2022
Not eligible to apply, but want to support the scheme? Why not become a Friend of Young Liberals or donate to us! And, of course, make sure you share all this info with any young Liberal Democrats you know.
If you're interested in applying and would like some support with filling out the application form or anything else relating to your application, contact [email protected]
Please contact our co-Membership and Branch Development officer Thom Campion ([email protected]) with any questions about the scheme or the application process, and for any help you might need to fill out your application form.