This Pride we mark 50 years since Parliament first voted to legalise homosexuality. The Liberal Party became the first party to commit to a Gay Rights policy in 1975. Since then we have:
- Created policy on equal age of consent and equal marriage.
- Banned teachers from presenting homosexuality as unacceptable.
- Granted trans people the right to change their gender on official documents.
Today we are campaigning to:
- Make sex and relationship education at school LGBT+ inclusive.
- Tackle bullying in schools on the basis of gender, sexuality, gender identity or gender expression.
- Introduce "X" gender markers on passports and official documents.
- Protect LGBT+ asylum seekers at risk of being deported to a country where they are under threat.
- Decriminalise homosexuality worldwide and advance LGBT+ rights.