Originally from East Hertfordshire, Joe moved to Wales in 2020 to study Human Geography at Aberystwyth University, where he was President of Aberystwyth University Liberals and Non-Portfolio Officer for the Welsh Young Liberals between 2021 and 2022. During his tenure, Joe spearheaded the "Safe Nights Out" campaign in Wales, where he received coverage on the BBC, S4C, Golwg and WalesOnline to name a few. He now lives in Cardiff as a Policy Support Assistant for Sustrans Cymru. Joe is a Welsh learner.
- Responsible for setting the overall direction of the organisation in line with policy determined at meetings of the general membership,
- The voice and spokesperson of RhI Cymru and the primary representative of youth and student Liberal Democrats in Wales, both to the Party and to external organisations,
- Responsible for coordinating, overseeing and ensuring that the roles & activities of the rest of the Executive are carried out,
- Responsible for chairing meetings of the Executive and the Annual General Meeting,
- The Welsh Young Liberals Representative to the Welsh Liberal Democrats Board, in accordance with the Welsh Liberal Democrat Constitution 2020 (G.1.2.vi),
- Responsible for drafting the annual budget, alongside the Vice Chair with input from the other members of the executive, to the AGM of RhI Cymru for approval as well as exercising appropriate financial control,
- The primary account-holder of any RhI Cymru bank accounts and ensure that there are at least one other co-signatory to the account who should also be a member of the Executive,
- Responsible for RhI Cymru remaining compliant with the requirements of the Political Parties, Elections & Referendums (2000) Act (PPERA).